2019 will be a very challenging year for me. I jotted down a few things I want to accomplish next year while working full-time.
- Finish two picture book dummies with the help of a new course I’m following with Mark Mitchell – Marks & Splashes.
- Bring my grandson to swimming lessons and take advantage of that time to swim myself and relax. We all need a break from everyday humdrum. The exercise will do me good.
- Follow my marketing plan for my debut picture book ‘Jurassic Rat’ coming spring 2019.
- Finish my props for school visits. I live in Italy. Therefore I may have to do Skype visits to other countries.
- Finish creating my promotional material for a book launch with giveaways.
- Follow the smartphone video classes with Brandy Sales, to learn how to engage my audience in a fun way. Can’t wait to start this class. I may have a surprise for you.
- Read more Diverse and STEM books. As a nature lover with a BS in Environmental Sciences and Territorial Management, I hope to be able to write a few books about topics I love for children to read.
- Storystorm 31 ideas for picture books in January with Tara Lazar.
- Attend the Bologna Book Fair.
- Participate in Vivian Kirkfield’s contest. (50 words)
- Attend the Europolitan SCBWI conference in Zurich. It would be awesome. I would have the opportunity to visit the zoo. I’ll probably try to pet every animal I can and get arrested. You know those signs that say ‘ Don’t Touch!’ Well, tell me not to do it and I will.
- Write reviews for all the books I’ve read in 2018.
- Cuddle my hubby more often.
The list is infinite, but I’ll stop here.
What is your New Year’s resolution?
Wishing you all a wonderful New Year!
Live, Love and Laugh. These three ingredients are the secret to a long and happy life. Wrinkles and all.
The featured image is cut off, here’s the full text. This was the first postcard written in 1915.